Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Savoring the moment

What does one do when your feeling fine for now, but realize that will change in the near future?  You savor the moment.  My new found hobby is cooking like Paula Deen, (not hard considering my southern roots, just more butter!) and scrapbooking every little detail of this journey.  Abby and I went to Lowes today and bought fresh herbs to make a little garden.  Everything really does taste better with fresh ingredients.  I'm told that you loose some of your taste while on chemo, but hopefully that is temporary. At least I can make things tasty for everyone else.  I'm having a good day today, not really thinking about what's ahead.  My mood changes often, but I try not to let my situation get me down, its just that hair loss thing!!  What a bummer.  I am on a crusade to make hats fashionable once again.  As long as the package looks good on the outside, it hides what your feeling on the inside.  That's what I'm shootin for.

No comments:

Post a Comment