Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Port

Well, here I go again, heading off to Scottsdale Shea for my 3rd procedure.  This process is starting to feel all to familiar.  I will be having a port-a-cath device installed this morning to help with the administration of Chemo.  My left are is not able to be used any more, and I did not want to take the chance of having my right arm harmed by the effects of the chemo. Dr. Meng strongly suggested having the port installed.  It will also help to spare many needle sticks in the near future. I'm scheduled for 11:30. They tell me it takes approx 45 min to an hour.  If all goes well and the anesthesia doesn't reek havoic on my body, I should be home around 2:30-3:00  I feeling a little tired, but I am calm and at peace with this whole situation, (make sure you remind me of this when my hair falls out!!)  ha  While it can be a daunting process, I realize the end result will yield a cancer free diagnosis, and like I said before, maybe 20 lbs lighter and a new hair style.  I'll let you know how I am this evening. Till then.................

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry things did not turn out well for you today. We are all praying for you in hopes you will return home quickly. By the time you read this, I pray you will feel better....but first you need to get out of the ICU.
    Lord, I know you are with Marie and everything that went wrong today. I pray for her quick recovery, and I pray she will not suffer from future treatments as she has today.

    ReplyDelete