Friday, April 1, 2011

Radiation Day...

Or so I thought!  I had an appointment yesterday with the radiation oncologist.  I was prepared to start the process of radiation.  They had me scheduled for a CT.  Dr. Quiet asked me if I had received word from my blood test, mainly the Oncotye DX?  I told her that the report was at the medical oncologist office, but I had to wait until next week to hear the news.   She called over to the office and was told that my Oncotype number was 15.  That means that while I am considered a lower risk of it returning, its still a risk.  I'm considered in the "gray area"  With that news, she wanted me to discuss chemotherapy with the medical oncologist.  I am trying not to think of all that entails, but at the same time, tryting to talk myself into it.  I am not at peace with the fact that all of the cancer is gone.  My brother died at the age of 42 from lung cancer, which began on the chest wall.  Mine is close to the chest wall as well.  I would rather have a 100% guarentee that I am free and clear, than to always be guessing, what if?  I'll update the information next week when I hear from Dr. Meng.  My next appointment is April 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment