Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clean Margins

I met with the medical oncologist yesterday and she confirmed that the surgeon has removed the cancerous area and clean margins have been obtained.  We all breathed a sigh of relief.  She wanted to run a few more test to see if the chance of recurrence is high, and also what the tumor was compromised of.  I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted, but at the same time an incredible sense of emotion.  I think it is the combination of no estrogen in my body, and the mere fact that I have been on an emotional roller coaster the past month.  When I think back on all that has taken place in a short amount of time, it suddenly overwhelms me, and I can't hold back the tears. I want to feel like myself again, but I am too impatient and want it now.  My only complaint, is the fatique that has a hold on me right now.  I have so much to be thankful for, I try to press on and think of only the positive.  The plan for the moment, is 6 weeks of radiation and if the blood test are good, then 5 years of Tamoxifan.

No comments:

Post a Comment