Monday, March 7, 2011

Charting my course, and keepin the faith

As most of you know by now that I was diagnosed with Infiltrative Ductal Carcinoma on February 10th.  What that means is, I have a common form of breast cancer that has spread from a closed cell to the surrounding tissue.  After completing many test,scans and procedures, my surgeon went into action and removed part of the tumor on March 1st.  Dr. Bourne called me on the 4th to advise me that the margins of the tumor were not clean and that I would have to undergo an additional surgery.  I am told they usually allow 3 times for success.
I had a meeting today with the radiation oncologist to discuss fruther treatment.  That has to be on hold until the 2nd surgery is complete.  Dr. Quiet is on of the top Dr's on radiation in the country.  I feel blessed to have assembled a wonder team of Dr's.
So why the blog?  I have been amazed by the outpouring of love that has been showered to me, my husband and children.  Many inquire daily about the way I'm feeling, what lies ahead, and how are the children handling the stress.  I am fortunate to have relatives and friends all over the country who are praying for me.  I thought this would the be the most efficient way to let everyone know how I am.  We want to make sure that no one is left out concerning the accurate and up to date information.  We all know how things get twisted when information is relayed several times!
God bless each of you,
I love Ya'll

Ashley's way of handling stress and showing support!

She bought this for me to take to my appts. and procedures.  Hope was with me in the hospital last week.
The office of Dr. Quiet.  Very nice.
Horrible picture of me, especially when the Dr. is 6'4'' 120 lbs, lol
My supportive husband by my side, checking on last e-mail before being called back.
By the Dr's own admittance, she is one of the best in the country.  Many consult her on her techniques.

3 comments:

  1. This blog was a great idea! Love you Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing a blog was a great idea. :-) You look great in the pictures. We are praying hard for you and the family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
    Melinda Harris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of you often, miss seeing you! Your in our prayers Marie!

    ReplyDelete