Thursday, March 10, 2011

Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.... Helen Keller

I saw this quote today from Helen Keller, and I thought for a moment of how true that really is.   We can look at situations as though it is the worst thing ever, or turn it into a positive, and realize that everything is in God's hands, and he makes no mistakes.  I couldn't sleep last night and the words I kept hearing over was "why me", "why now?  It's as though a soft voice said, why not you!  I know that from experiencing trials, it's when I grow the most and become more dependent on the Lord. I step back and realize I can't fix everthing, and I'm not a superwoman.  I may never know the real reason, but I do know that I am at peace with it, and I will use this time in my life to learn,be patient, and be willing to help others who may be going through the same thing.  Writing these thoughts down and sharing them those I love, has really become a source of therapy.  Here's hoping for a good nights sleep!  14 hours til surgery #2

No comments:

Post a Comment