Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Week

As you can see there have been a few days since I was able to post something.  It has been a tough week to get through.  It seems like the mornings start out well, and I almost feel like I am getting back into the swing of things.  Then the afternoon hits and I am suddenly reminded that the strength I thought I had, is now gone.  I have experienced several side effects from the chemo.  Bone pain, and severe muscle spasms that required stronger pain meds.   My taste have changed as well. Strawberries taste like weeds, and the salsa that I love at one of the local restaurants taste like vinegar!!   Foods I have never really liked before, I now crave.  Go figure. Jeannie Taylor brought us a wonderful salad with all the fixings, and sourdough bread.  Again, one of my favorite breads, but when I tasted it, it was though I was eating flour.  Remember when I said I needed to loose those additional pounds a few post ago?  Well, now might be  good time to remind me of that.  Maybe this taste thing isn't all that bad.  Thank you to Carole Wright who gave up going to church last night to sit here with me.  I am so thankful for that, because Bob had to attend to helping with the Dr. call and pain situation that crept up on me so quickly. He is becoming quited the Dr. and nurse.  He can spot pain of fever coming before I actually feel it.  Strange, I know. I am learning to slow down and take advantage of the moment that is front of you, because the next moment may bring something totally unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment