Thursday, May 19, 2011

2nd Chemo Day

It sure didn't take long for this day to roll around!  I met with Dr. Meng on Tuesday and we discussed the reactions to the chemo and Nuelasta shot last time.  She said that she is gong to reduce the reg dosage of Neulasta from 6mg to 3 mg and if the WBC drops too much, she can always bring me back in for another injection.  She is also adding a bag of extra fluids before we began treatment to help with dehydration afterwards.  I usually don't feel like drinking, because everything taste like metal for a few days, and then the sweet and salty sensation becomes less.  I had  dear friend Gwen, come over last night and brought homemade chicken pot pie with a salad and banana, choc, chip muffins.  I have plenty to warm over for this evening, which is perfect.  I won't be home until around 6:00 pm and it makes it easier for Marsha to warm things for Abby and I won't have to cook.  I have planned ahead a little more this time and do have things in the freezer to avoid fast food outings on my bad days.  But trust me,  as soon as I am able to move around, is restaurant time for me!!!  Treatment today about 7 hours so I'll try to post this evening.   Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment