Friday, May 27, 2011

If it's going to happen....

It will happen to me.  That is what I was told this past week when I was once again admitted to hospital on Thompson Peak.  Saturday evening I started to feel pretty bad and went to bed around 9:00.  Bob and Abby were watching T.V.  I started to have pain in my stomach and, long story short, Bob found me lying on the floor in a semi conscience state about an hour later.  Bless his heart, he once again scoops me from the brink of death and rushes me to the E.R.  After a 3 day stay, test, and enough blood draws to drain my entire body, I was diagnosed with Iscehmic colitis, which means blood flow was absent in the lining of the colon.  They do not think it was caused by the chemo, although the hospitalist tried to blame it on that.  It may be something that I have in the future. I'll have to watch my diet better and take some OTC medication.  The GI doctor also recommends I drink a sports drink everyday. Friends, once again by my side.  Lisa Gaynor spent Tues eve. with me so Bob could go to Abby's birthday, Mary Jo made a fabulous Mexican dinner for us on Wednesday, and Jeannie Taylor brought me lunch and a yellow lemon cake!!!  Bob and I have been joking that if I have 9 lives, I only have 4 more to go. He has literally been there though thick and thin, and I would not be here today if Bob wasn't as protective and proactive as he is.  The nursing staff commented, I am very lucky, I know I am.  Your my everything Baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment