Thursday, August 4, 2011

Radiation

Dear friends and family,
     For all of you who have been reading my blog, you will notice that I have not posted in a while.  As they say,"No news is good news", right?  Things are moving  forward nicely. I had a few weeks where my breathing was not good and I feared my asthma or something else was going on.  Normally, I would treat myself, (for asthma) and think nothing about it.  Now, I am a little more cautious and take my health a bit more seriously.  So I made an appointment with my pulmonologist who told me that my asthma was again acting up, but in a different way.  I was glad that no fluid had gathered around my heart or lungs, which was her first concern, a possible side effect from chemo.  Back on prednisone and an inhaler to get things back under control. 
     I started radiation on Aug 1st and will continue for 6 weeks everyday.  My radiation oncologist explained the process of how the radiation works.  It really is quite the process to have everything be so precise.  The medical field has always intrigued me, so I ask many questions.  So far, so good.  I feel my ribs getting a little sore, but once you've gone through chemo, nothing else compares.
     My hats are still my closest friends!!  Wigs are nice, but too hot. My hair is growing back, but at a slow rate.  I look at our latest family picture and still morn my long color treated hair.  Oh well, nothing that 3 years can't correct.
     Many of you have told me that its hard to post a comment on the blog. I appreciate you taking the time to read about me, and I love hearing from you.  If you would like to comment, you can use my e-mail at uptownweddings@gmail.com.  In the meantime,  I'll  work on getting those pictures loaded.  Where's my kids when I need them? ha They know mom's not the greatest at computer technology!!

No comments:

Post a Comment