Saturday, June 25, 2011

Change of pace

I have to admit that I am quite excited about our upcoming trip to Las Vegas! NO, not to gamble but to watch Caleb as he shows off his talents to scouts who are coming in from all parts of the country.  Caleb is now at the age where he has to prove himself in this area, or its off to other things.  As for me, I am looking forward to a change of scenery.  Since Feb, our lives have been dictated by Dr.s visits, test, port draws,operations, chemo,and side effects.  So imagine my response when Bob asked if I wanted to go.  After checking with all Dr.s and carefully packing my medical portfolio, my answer was a hearty, AMEN!  It will be a nice diversion since my last chemo appt. is on Thursday.  We won't be getting in until Wednesday night so I'm sure I'll be tired, but I usually sleep after chemo anyway.  I am scheduled to begin radiation treatments on July 18th.  I wanted to keep the ball rolling to get this over with and resume a normal life again.  I realize that I will always be at risk, and have to keep in touch with Dr.s on  regular basis, but I am looking forward to the day when I have the energy back that I once had.  Lets hope I can keep up with the pace these next few days in Vegas, if not, I guess the view from the room will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment