Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Did I say, "I'm done'?

Well, maybe I should re-phrase that.  I may be finished with the actual procedures, but I guess when you have a cancer history, you are never "done" with Doctors!!  I had my follow-up appointment with my medical oncologist today and we charted a path for the future.  I am to be seen every 3 months in her office for 2 years, then every 6 months for 3 years. I was put on Aramidex,(an estrogen blocking drug) for 5 years, given a shot of Lupron that stays in your system for 3 months.  I wish that I had researched this drug before agreeing to it.  I am not happy with the side effects it can cause, and knowing me, I get all of them. lol  I'll keep you posted as to whether or not I CHOOSE to receive another one. I have a pet scan scheduled for Dec 27th which will hopefully confirm the absence of cancer.  Dr. Meng suggested a liter a day of water, and begin yoga as a form of exercise.  I understand that yoga helps the mind and body, all I can say is, "its gonna take a lot of yoga!!!!  Bye for now, I feel a hot flash coming on, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment