Thursday, September 15, 2011

TKO in the 5th Round

For all of you who have been diligently reading this blog from the beginning, you have learned by now that nothing goes as planned, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that radiation had to come to an abrupt halt this past week, my 5th week.  I started feeling very tired on Saturday, but we had a busy day planned with Abby.  We took her to a workshop for her upcoming audition for Annie.  I had promised her a trip to the library,(her 1st) if she promised to do well in school.  Being as tired as I was I couldn't let her down, so I found the strength to continue.  Then Sunday came and I actually started to feel really fatigued and a bit nauseated.  I wasn't about to stay home from church, when it's there that I draw my strength.  That evening, after church, we went to get a bite to eat, and I had a severe pain from behind my eye.  I have had them before, but not this bad.  When I saw the Dr. on Tues, I told her I felt like I had just received a chemo treatment, slightly dizzy, tired and in a fog.  She told me that I have to realize this is a serious treatment, and if I don't take time to rest properly, I could end up in bigger trouble.  My body is letting me know, enough is enough and it's time to stop.  Easier said than done, as most mom's can attest to.  So, I'll try to give into rest, it's easier with Abby in all day kindergarten, and the plan is to resume treatment next week. At least you can say I'm consistent, and never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment